Thursday, November 17, 2005

More Time On My Hands

Like the song from Styx's Paradise Theater album said, "I've got too much time on my hands." After one week shy of six years, I was laid off from my full time job at the end of October. On the one hand, I at least have held a part time job at REI since April. So the days that I am not at REI building bikes and working on skis, I'm scanning monster.com, and the local papers, submitting resumes. If I were truly bitter about it I'd post the name of the company, but frankly I probably should have gotten off my butt years ago and left on my own. I feel confident that this will all work out for the better in the end.

It makes it kind of awkward to assemble a Christmas gift list, when I know we aren't going to be able to give many gifts this year. None the less, a Christmas list will be forthcoming.

No comments: